Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pecan Spice Cookies

I took a nice long long break from blogging for the month of October. My brother and one of my best friends both got married (not to each other) and I couldn't be more thrilled!

But now it's back to life as normal. It isn't all bad. Luckily, I happen to adore cooking and baking, and I can't wait to share some of the recipes I've been working on!

Fall is now in full bloom (can I say bloom when referring to the Fall?), but when it was just starting to turn colder I was instantly looking for a fall-themed food item to welcome the season. I didn't have any canned pumpkin, and I was at a loss. All I could think of was pumpkin-spice flavored EVERYTHING.

And then it hit me. Pumpkin isn't the only thing that can be spiced. The spices themselves say "autumn is here!" And an idea was born. While we didn't have any pumpkin, we did have a Sam's size bag of pecans.

Success. These cookies are the mere essence of fall, and the chopped pecans only add to it. I give you Pecan Spice Cookies.



Pecan Spice Cookies
3 cups All-Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy.

3. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.

4. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.

5. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing to combine in between each addition.

6. Stir in pecans.

7. Scoop tablespoons of batter onto greased cookie sheet.

8. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment